Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sara eats very little but she eats...

Sara does a lot of things with food: she plays, smears, crushes, throws, chews, spits, and sometimes she swallows. She also loves to feed me and to offer food to our dog (Tiki). She sometimes also pretends to be feeding two of her toys: her tiger and her horsey.

Here is a list of foods that I've seen Sara actually swallow: carrots, avocado, tilapia fish, french onion soup, refried beans, mashed potatoes, french fries, rice, noodles, raviolis, eggs, bananas, shredded cheese, cheese slices, green beans, meatballs, hamburger meat, vienna sausages, whip cream, mayonnaise, butter, cocoa puff cereal, cherrios, chocolate, oreo cookies, crackers, yogurt melts, cheetos.

I've also seen her chew on muffins, broccoli, apples, oranges, strawberries, watermelon, chips, and pretzels but I do not believe that she has actually swallowed these.

She has her straw cup with pediasure available but if I'm drinking juice she sometimes takes little sips. She likes pineapple juice, mango juice, and kiwi juice.

I'm hoping that very soon I will be able to post with certainty that Sara has been able to maintain and stabilize her weight. I have faith in God and I trust that little Sara knows how much food she needs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so exciting!
    Well done!
    Tova started with eating only 1-3 mills every few hours (of puree fruit or pudding) so don't worry too much! It sounds like you are doing all the right things!

    Congrats! I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete